Saturday 10 October 2009

Charles Rennie Mackintosh's Art School

Photo by stevecadman on Flickr

I would recommend a tour round Charles Rennie Mackintosh's iconic Glasgow School of Art.

It felt funny doing a 'tourist' tour in my own city. We all trouped round in a little group (complete with an American tourist asking loud questions and going on and on about Frank Lloyd Wright!), following our enthusiastic guide, an Architecture student.

I have been to classes in the building a few times but the tour took me to places I'd never seen before: the library, the white boardroom and a superb collection of Mackintosh furniture.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Have you ever been to the Scotland Street School? http://www.crmsociety.com/scotlandstreetschoolmuseum.aspx

I've lived in Glasgow pretty much all my life and have still never made it to the Scotlnd Street School - another chance to be a tourist in our own city perhaps?!