Sunday 21 February 2010

Amanda Simmons in Craft and Design Magazine




If you click on the pages above you will be able to read the article.

Amanda Simmons, who is exhibiting with us from the 13th of March (the Private View is on the evening of 12th March 7pm - 9pm), has a really nice piece in the March 2010 issue of Craft and Design magazine. Her career path has been a fascinating journey, and she never gave up on finding her true calling in life.

I am busy getting the Private View cards ready for Amanda's exhibition - sticking address labels on what seems like an endless pile of cards. Since I did my Adobe InDesign course last year, designing all the cards myself is really enjoyable - it's lovely not to have to convey my ideas by painstakingly drawing out the plan of the card by hand. I can just play around with my ideas on the computer until I get something we're happy with, and send it straight to print.

Amanda will be exhibiting her glass alongside six different painters: Michael J. Ashcroft, Josephine Broekhuizen, Winifred Hodge, James Orr, Anitra Rushbrook and Rosie Villiers - Stuart.

No comments: