Wednesday 3 November 2010

A Day of Product Photography Lessons



As our new web site gets ready for launch we're preparing for taking lots of photos of the gallery stock.

We've invested in some proper photography equipment and we've made a designated photography room in the attic room of the gallery.

Glasgow based photographer Garry Maclennan came down to give me and Leo lessons with the new equipment. A bit of problem solving was needed when we realised the wrong measurements had been given to us and our big tent was too tall for the room. Leo solved that problem with a hack saw and a staple gun and we were back on course!

Garry gave me a quick photoshop lesson before he headed back off to Glasgow but I have much to learn and my brain aches slightly at the thought of it.

Thanks for all your help Garry, you've been great.

It's all happening in the gallery at the moment!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Swanky looking light box. You should see my version! You'd laugh - a lot. I need to work out how to brighten things in photoshop though. I haven't a notion how that thing works.