Monday 7 October 2013

Wigtown Book Festival

Jill outside Reading Lasses Cafe and Women's Book Shop

Wigtown Book Festival is over for another year. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I LOVE the Wigtown Book Festival and this year was just as brilliant as ever. I would happily stay there for the whole ten days. With the gallery to look after we managed two days each and had a wonderful time.

The book festival is really a giant conversation with the most wide ranging group of people on a diverse range of subjects. The conversation spills out onto the street and into the cafes and you always bring it home with you too. I've had such interesting chats with people in the gallery who have been to the festival and I know I will continue to do so.

I'm already looking forward to Wigtown Book Festival 2014.

No comments: