Saturday 1 May 2010

Vestiges Park


The Gateway to Vestiges Park.






My friend Lynda and I sat chatting away for ages in the park whilst we made plasticine models to add to the growing hill of them. What a nice way to spend an afternoon!

My own sculptural contribution to the park.

I went to see Vestiges Park at Glasgow Sculpture Studios last week. It is such good fun and the ideas behind the installations are quite brilliant - definitely my favourite Glasgow International Festival event. It closes on Monday so go and see it if you can.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I like your plasticine models - sounds like fun! The park was amazing wasn't it. When we were there a train went by on the tracks and it must have been strange for the folk on the train to see all these people wandering around what (from a distance) would still have looked like barren wasteland, with the addition of the scary looking large monster thing. It was just so great to wander through trees and come across all sorts of different objects and creations. i agree with you - definitely the highlight of GI, though there was so much that was good this year.