Friday 17 February 2012

Inspired By The Bard


This article is from the latest issue of Dumfries and Galloway Life magazine alongside a really nice collection of photos from the opening of our 'Inspired By Burns' exhibition.

Tommy Thomson, who read the Burns poetry at our event, is also featured in the magazine with Crossmichael Drama Club. The club recently won the SKY Arts 'Stagestruck' contest. With a group of less than ten people they triumphed in the final against a drama group with over a hundred members! Their prize was a performance in a West End theatre. They'll be performing at the Lyric Theatre in Shaftsbury Avenue in May and the SKY TV series will air in September.

I've been in the gallery on my own this week (well, Antony has been here too) as Jill is in London visiting a feast of exhibitions. I'm hoping she'll write her first Blog post about it next week. She has been to see Grayson Perry at the British Museum (I've been, and loved it), David Hockney at the Royal Academy, and Lucian Freud at The National Portrait Gallery (one of my absolute favourite artists). I can't wait to hear all about it.

No comments: