Monday 17 November 2008

The countdown begins

I've spent the last few days getting a flurry of emails from the artists who are taking part in our Christmas Exhibition Impressions of Galloway Past and Present. Now I have the titles and prices I am making labels and putting together the catalogue. I must say I am very excited about the work we are going to show.

Following the Christmas tradition at McGill Duncan Gallery we will have Galloway and Scottish paintings from the 19th century onwards.

What is exciting and different about this year's exhibition is that we have asked contemporary artists to contribute work depicting their response to Galloway. Local artists are taking part as well as artists from much further afield.

I have been so touched by the enthusiasm that the invited artists have shown for our exhibition brief. Most of the work in this exhibition has been created specially for the gallery. I have no doubt it will hold its own when displayed next to the work of artists who were so inspired by Galloway in the past.



Here's a photo of Susan Dobson drawing at Cairn Holy. She has created two dramatic Etchings with Aquatint of these iconic Galloway standing stones for us. What a beautiful setting, I love the pink hat Susan!

Zoe

No comments: