Thursday 16 September 2010

the book of days

For her current exhibition with us ceramicist Sue Dunne is exhibiting a series of 12 framed ceramic reliefs created for the book of days - a collaboration with poet Linda France who has selected a verse from every month to accompany each framed image.













Each framed ceramic relief costs £65. The frames measure 31.5 x 29.5 cm and each is in a limited edition of twenty.

We also have copies of the book of days for sale in the gallery priced £7.95. Poet Linda France wrote a Japanese Renga poem every day in 2006 and the book of days is the world's first 'year renga' book of poetry.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I like....January, February, March and April, oh and May June July and August, not to mention September October, November and December. They were beautifully hung and looked fantastic in your gallery.

Kathryn said...

Oh I really hope I can get down to see this exhibition! Finger's crossed for me! They're all beautiful but I think January and August are my favourites. The photographs of the ceramic reliefs are so perfect as well - it would make a lovely calendar!