Thursday 9 September 2010

A June Evening, Old Bridge of Urr

JONATHAN MITCHELL A June Evening Old Bridge of Urr oil on board 44 x 60 cm £1,750

"Jonathan Mitchell's paintings look fantastic - the one of the Bridge of Urr on a June evening hurls me into bouts of nostalgia.....I used to play and fish in the slime down there when I was wee."

When I sent out my exhibition E-Newsletter earlier in the week I also posted a link to it on my Facebook page. A friend from my schooldays, who has now moved to Canada, left the comment above after looking at Jonathan Mitchell's paintings on our web site. I know what he means, Jonathan has captured perfectly the light and atmosphere of a balmy June evening in Galloway.

We are nearing the end of hanging all the paintings for Saturday and we're starting to place all Sue Dunne's earthenware ceramics round the gallery. It's looking great, I can't wait to see the whole exhibition come together. 

No comments: