Monday 4 October 2010

Congratulations Amanda!


Both Jill and I would like to congratulate Amanda Simmons on winning a GOLD AWARD at Origin  2010 for innovation, creativity and potential to export.

Here's a photo of Amanda receiving her prize from the Crafts Council and UK Trade and Investment. Amanda will be using her award to visit New York in Spring 2011 and explore the American market. She said '“I’m very excited about my research trip to the states as I haven’t visited for over 15 years and it will be interesting to see the changes and experience the applied arts market on a larger scale. I hope I will be able to export a little part of Dumfries and Galloway to America.” How exciting!

We are lucky enough to have Amanda's work in the gallery and she will be exhibiting in our special Christmas exhibition which will celebrate Galloway being awarded 'Dark Skies National Park' status. Her work is perfect for this theme so I can't wait to see what she makes.

No comments: